Primarily responsible for efficient and effective production.
Must produce product in adherence to Quality Management System.
• Sets-up, operates, and verifies the quality of work on at least one of CNC Swiss machines
involving close tolerances and difficult set-ups.
• Performs routine or repetitive operations in a manner which will consistently meet quality
requirements and production standards.
• Actively participates in continuous improvement activities
• Performs repeat set-ups without supervision. May perform more complex set-ups with
• Monitors variations in program sequence, e.g., positioning, cycle time, etc., and makes
• Assists with the prove-out of part programs for new work or critical variations.
• Works from drawings and/or specifications as well as Traveler instructions.
• Troubleshoots routine jobs without supervision and more complex jobs with supervision.
• Runs production and deburr’s parts as required.
• Evaluates production job performance compared to established production and quality
standards, makes improvements to processes to enhance operations. Makes suggestions
for engineering process improvements.
• Maintains required tooling, as needed, to manufacture parts to specifications.
• Conducts quality checks through the use of fixed or adjustable precision measuring
• Lubricates and cleans machines as necessary.
• Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely, and complies with all
established safety rules and work practices.
• Complies with Company, Department, and quality policies and procedures as applicable.
• Keeps Operations Manager informed of job related problems and other information
related to work activity.
• Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a “team” approach throughout the
• Performs multiple operations as required.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
• High school education or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of Vo-Tech training in machine
tool technology or a related area or equivalent.
• 2 to 5 years of CNC machining set-up and operating experience in a job shop
• Very strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.